May 24, 2010

Columbia!

Great news everybody! After months of waiting on the waitlist and pestering poor Dr. McManus I got the call from him telling me that I have been ACCEPTED TO COLUMBIA COLLEGE OF DENTAL MEDICINE! I'm so happy to hear this, especially since I graduated from UVa just 24 hours ago.

Let this be a lesson to you guys out there. Even though I didn't have the best GPA, I made up for it with my DAT, extracurriculars, perseverance and most importantly, a positive attitude. More to come on this developing story :)

....so happy

5 comments:

  1. wow, congratulations!!! that's SUPER impressive. i was wondering, do you know any fourth years who graduated this spring 2010 who got into a very competitive medical school such as Columbia who have a pre-med blog similar to your pre-dental blog? i'm a uva pre-med student who is looking for a blog like yours as a resource! your blog looks incredibly helpful and encouraging. thanks so much for your help if you could point me to another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Sadly I dont know too many people who went to nationally-renowned medical programs outside of virginia so I don't know if I could help you there. As far as blogs go, try stalking Student Doctor Network's allopathic section

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i really would like to go to dental school but i do not have a spectacular GPA either.i was wondering what kind of DAT score did you get and what kind of extracurriculars did you participate in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go ahead and read through the archives of my blog my clicking a link on the lower right :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you do this! Thats great! What was your GPA and DAT score?

    ReplyDelete